As a Jesuit school, we exist to serve humanity according to the vision and spirit of the gospel, and, as such, we are faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church. We offer opportunities for a faith response to God, whilst recognising that faith cannot be imposed. Religious and spiritual formation is integral to the education we provide – it is not added to, or separate from, the educational process.
For Catholic pupils, we offer a knowledge and love for the Church and the Sacraments as privileged opportunities to meet with Christ. For non-Catholic pupils, this includes knowledge of the Scriptures, especially the Gospels. In ways appropriate for a school, concrete experiences of Church life are available to all students. We also provide ways for pupils from other religions to practice while part of our wider educational community.
- Sacramental preparation in the Junior School
- A comprehensive retreat programme
- School assemblies and Masses
- Provision of a School Chaplaincy
- Spiritual Exercises
- Focus on service to others
- Religious and spiritual formation in all classes
- Progressive initiation to prayer
View our St Aloysius' College Christian Formation Booklet here